The Best Leg Scooter for Broken Leg or Foot
- Leg scooters, also commonly referred to as knee scooters or knee walkers, are increasingly being preferred over crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs as the main way to stay safe and mobile after an accident, surgical recovery, or other disability.
These steerable mobility devices allow you to rest your injured leg on a knee platform while allowing you to move around with ease and comfort.
They're a modern crutch alternative if you are recovering from any foot surgery. They offer superior stability and control compared to traditional crutches.
RELATED: Non-Weight Bearing Medical Conditions
Benefits of a Knee Scooter
There are many benefits to these broken leg walkers. Keep in mind—if you haven't talked to your doctor yet—these devices can only be used for below-the-knee injuries (except seated knee scooters, we'll talk more about them below).
Some of the benefits include:
• Safe to use than crutches. You avoid the armpit and wrist fatigue from using them. Also, you have to use your hands at all times. A knee scooter allows you to "park" and the have both your hands free to do whatever you need to do.
• Typically, they provide more stability and mobility than crutches or a walker, thus allowing for greater freedom, comfort, and self-assurance.
• It allows you to maintain an active and more independent lifestyle.
•There are all-terrain versions that allow you to navigate rough outdoor terrain easily.
• Vacationing with lower leg injuries aren't a problem. You can bring your knee scooter on airplanes or cruises. Check out our guide on traveling with a knee scooter.
The following is a list of our top 5 knee scooters:
Where to Get a Leg Scooter?
All the models listed in this article are available for both purchase or rent online.
All rental models are $25/week. Whether you would like the premium knee scooter model and why wouldn't you, the Swivelmate, or the All-Terrain option with the Orthomate – we believe in offering all of our models at one price to make your decision strictly need-based, not financial.
At Rent a Knee Walker, all purchases and rentals come with free shipping! If purchasing, we recommend getting the scooter before your foot surgery—that way you can have it set up, and take it for a spin and get to know each other before the surgery.
Got more questions? Our staff is available to answer questions and take your order Monday-Friday 9-6 EST, just give us a call at 877-520-3708.
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories