Scooter for Broken Foot Rentals - What are the Best Models?
- A broken foot or ankle injury is a painful experience that can happen to anyone—anywhere at any time. One of the first things that come to mind is the fear of being sentenced to stay indoors for weeks and being restricted to crutches.
It's hard to avoid feeling helpless and anxious, it's perfectly normal, but we have to trust the recovery process. Millions of people go through similar injuries and recover.
Related: Mentally Preparing For Surgery
Once you've had your foot and ankle surgery, there are plenty of alternatives to crutches that will make your non weight bearing recovery period comfortable—and allow you freedom and independence.
If you are unfamiliar on how a knee scooter works, here's a quick primer:
A knee scooter is a wheeled mobility device that allows you to rest your injured leg on a padded knee platform, and then with your good foot, you push yourself forward. Using the handle bars, you steer towards the direction you want to go. They allow you to move around almost effortlessly and comfortably—this is something impossible to do with crutches.
They are also referred to as knee walkers, leg scooter, rolling scooter, knee caddy or roll abouts.
In the this guide, we list the most popular knee scooter rental models:
- The Swivelmate is our most popular scooter for those who will mainly use the scooter indoors.
- It has a unique BeltDrive system that allows you to make sharp turns. This is extremely helpful so that you can navigate around tight spaces indoors or at work effortlessly. Most knee scooters are only able to make wide turns—necessitating three point turns.
- The Swivelmate knee walker has ergonomic knobs, so it's very easy to fold down to load it in and out of the car. It has dual brake systems for added safety, and its knee pad accommodates a left or right leg injury—this helps maximize your comfort.
- The Orthomate is one of the best all-terrain knee scooters because it's designed as a hybrid indoor and outdoor knee scooter.
- This is great for users who will use it outdoors a lot, but also have to use it indoors. When you use a standard scooter outside on the pavement, for example, you will feel the vibrations of the uneven surface, rocks, cracks etc.
- When riding on air-filled tires, all this shock is absorbed by the air-filled tires—making for a comfortable ride.
- No one likes to see children injured but it does happen. Finding the right sized equipment for your recovery can be a challenge—even for smaller adults . When children get injured it’s important to let them continue life in as normal fashion as possible.
- The Knee Walker Jr is an excellent knee scooter for kids or adults who are less than 5'4" in height. It's lightweight and sturdy, just like it's bigger counterparts.
The Rental Process
At Rent A Knee Walker, all our models rent for the same flat rate of $30 a week. We believe in offering all of our models at one price to make your decision strictly need-based, not financial. All knee walker rentals include free shipping both ways anywhere in the continental USA.
Renting a knee scooter is an excellent option if you expect your recovery period to be short. However, if things arise and you expect to need it longer, our rental terms are flexible. We can extend your rental period at the same weekly rate—just give us a quick call. No penalties or extra charges.
However, if you expect your recovery to be lengthy, buying a knee walker might be your best option.
Recovering from a foot injury can be tough, but you can have freedom and independence to keep doing most—if not all—the things you want to do with the use of a knee scooter for a broken foot.
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories