Rock'n the 'stache Movember
- Considering half of the Rent A Knee Walker team is male, men's health is an important topic for us. This year, to bring awareness and have a bit of fun in the process, some of the guys decided to grow mustaches in support of Movember. The charity encourages men to grow mustaches for the month of November to prompt discussions and raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male health issues.
I know for them it has been great talking point as well as small rivalry, comparing trimming techniques, fullness and styles. Some are even starting to get compliments in public, and it's encouraging when the first thing people say is "Are you growing that for Movember?"
Our company made a donation to Movember to continue supporting its important work educating the public, changing behavior and saving lives. According to their website, the following are direct results of people participating in the Movember movement:
• 69% of participants had a general checkup with their doctor
• 79% discussed their health with friends, family and colleagues
• 70% talked about specific men's health issues
• 67% recommended that someone else see a doctor
• 43% became more aware and educated about the health risks they face
To learn more about their programs and how you too can get involved, visit them at www.movember.com to get in touch with the Movember team.
UPDATE 5/17/2019: Although we haven't managed to do this again in a following November, maybe this is the year!
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories