My Knee Walker Was A Life Saver!
- There is no bigger lifesaver to a patient going through rehabilitation than an easier solution for being mobile. The biggest problem for those who have had a lower leg injury or surgery is doing things that feel normal. Simple tasks such as doing chores, walking outside, cooking, and staying active are all made more challenging when dealing with limited mobility. However, it doesn’t have to be this way and a knee scooter can absolutely benefit you in your road to recovery. So how are knee walkers life savers?
Why Are Knee Walkers Life Savers?
For one they provide the freedom of movement for patients with below the knee injuries while continuously supporting the injured leg in a proper non-weight bearing position. The unique design ensures that the injured leg is elevated and reduces the chance of placing weight on the foot and re-injuring it.
Here are some reasons a knee walker is such a valuable asset to have during recovery
- Constant Non-Weight Bearing Leg Position
- Hands Are Free to Use While Standing
- Works with the Body’s Natural Balance
- Natural, Upright Standing Position is Kept
- Minimal Upper Body Strength Needed.
Certain luxuries we take for granted when we are fully functional prove most difficult to attain when injured. This is where the knee scooter comes in handy. Fully able to give a person the versatility of what normal life feels like despite the injury. This is a feeling you cannot replicate with crutches or other mobility devices. The comfort a knee walker provides is unparalleled. Not only providing physical help but mental help as well. Knowing you’re not house bound and able to take part in daily life tasks can have a great effect on speeding up recovery time.
Why Are Knee Walkers Better Than Crutches?
- They help you stay mentally positive through increased freedom of movement something crutches don’t allow for. The freedoms of holding a drink while moving. Utilizing both hands to do tasks with allows for a much happier recovery
- The knee scooter keeps a person in a natural upright posture. This reduces back strain that can be caused with crutches. Many people lean on crutches and bend at the back which causes pain. The knee scooter is adjustable making for a custom fit making use much simpler.
- These devices also reduce Atrophy of Muscles by using both legs to balance. This can help recovery and keeps muscles from weakening. The more use and activity spent on a knee walker the better the results can be.
Related Story: Alternative Crutches You Don't Know About
Knee Walkers Help So Many People
With so many people using knee walkers as an alternative to crutches there have been so many great people who have benefited from these venerable devices.
One photo we received was Jeanne from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“No special vacation, no particular landmark, just a 71-year old grandma happy to be outside, mobile, and free of crutches. Isn’t that the bottom line of ordering a knee walker? To help make our everyday lives a little easier?”
Just to be able to take a free walk outside without the assistance of crutches means so much. Although such a simple task we take it for granted in everyday life. The knee walker allows seniors to take full advantage of living a happier and healthier lifestyle while they recover from an injury. This is just a small therapeutic luxury that comes with using one of these fantastic devices.
Take a look at Nitza from Tallahassee, Florida she was able to walk across the stage at her high school graduation by utilizing a knee walker.
“So just a month before my high school graduation I broke my ankle. Thankfully I had the opportunity to use a knee scooter, which was a lifesaver! This particular day was my high school graduation and it was taken as I walked to get my diploma. I still had an amazing day graduating and spending it with my friends and family! The knee walker made it so much easier!”
What a great feeling it is to see someone affected so positively. Even though an injury happens there can be so much good that comes from it. Positive things in life can make all the difference. Small little victories like walking at graduation like Nitza can go a long way during recovery. This can help the overall psych of a person and assist in their recovery.
One of the greatest photos we received was of Lisa from Las Vegas, Nevada she was able to take a beautiful shot all made possible by her Orthomate All Terrain Knee Scooter.
“This photo was taken in the highlands in Scotland. Specifically, in front of the 3 sisters in Glencoe. It was one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. The knee walker was truly a lifesaver. With many dirt and cobblestone roads to get to this point, it allowed me not to miss out on this incredible experience.”
What a wonderful lifesaving experience the Orthomate allows a person to traverse over rough terrain and experience some great things life has to offer. The air-filled tires allow for a smoother ride which makes great pictures like this one possible. Also notice that Lisa was using a knee pad cover to provide extra support.
These are great accessories that make an already comfortable ride even smoother.
Lifesaving Customer Service
After 10 years in the business we are confident in our ability to bring you mobility. With free 1-3-day shipping available, prepare for any foot or ankle surgery, and get ready to leave your crutches behind by renting with us today. There has never been a better time to use a knee scooter. You have seen what our customers have to say about our knee scooter rentals and for even more great stories click here. We wish you a happy and healthy road to recovery.
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories