Feleipe Franks Throwing A Football On A Knee Scooter
- This weekend we just so happened to be tuned into The Florida Gators Football game against Tennessee. While the Gators were able to easily route the Volunteers by a final score a 34-3 one key component of the Florida offense was missing. Feleipe Franks who was carted off in the hard-fought win against The Kentucky Wildcats was ruled out for the season. Although done for the year Franks none the less still made his presence known on Saturday especially during warm ups at The Swamp.
Feliepe Franks Throwing Footballs On A Knee Scooter
Feliepe Franks was throwing footballs on a KneeRover All Terrain Knee Walker. Although his injured leg was heavily bandaged, he watched the Gators go through warm ups and was even able to throw passes on the knee walker. Many normal everyday things are still possible when using one of these devices. While crutches do not allow for hands free use there are a multitude of activities people are capable with the opportunity provide by the knee scooter.
Related Story: Top 5 Sports To Play On A Knee Scooter
What Is The Knee Rover All-Terrain Knee Scooter?
So why would Feliepe Franks choose this model of knee scooter? This model is ideal for navigating the outdoor environments which his perfect for football players. It comes with unique all-terrain wheels which make it simple to utilize. Franks is a tall quarterback, so this model also fit him well considering the knee pad adjusts from 5’5” - 6’6”.
What's The Pros & Cons of The Knee Rover All-Terrain?
- Very Large All Terrain Wheels give this model excellent control on rough terrain. This is perfect for athletes who need to traverse over grass or turf surfaces. Its also great for outdoor use on surfaces like loose gravel and dirt.
- While Feliepe Franks likely had his team doctors setup the knee scooter for him major assembly is needed upon arrival. It arrives as photoed to the left.
- It has a large turning radius which is great for outdoor use but using this model indoors is a much more challenging experience for the user, as it needs so much space to turn in.
- The model is heavier than a regular knee walker at 27lbs. Franks is fit enough to use the model but others will likely struggle with the heavy nature of the device.
What Knee Walker Models Are Best For Outdoors?
There are many different types of knee walkers and each one has a different benefit for their particular use. Here are a couple of models that are great for outdoor environments as well.
Related Story: 5 Outdoor Knee Scooter Activities
The Orthomate All-Terrain Knee Scooter
The Orthomate is an ideal combination of a regular knee walker and an all-terrain one. You get the smaller size and better turning radius of a regular model plus the benefits of all-terrain wheels. You no longer have to struggle with the larger, heavier All-Terrain models inside.
- Air-Filled tires for a smoother ride. Easily traverse over surfaces like grass and gravel to get the most out of the knee scooter.
- Easy setup and no tools required make the model ready to use quickly.
- The model is Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use so unlike the KneeRover All Terrain Knee Walker this model is much less frustrating to use inside the home.
- Weighing in at 26lbs, some users may find this model a little heavy to use, if they need to lift it in and out of a car for example.
- The turning radius is not as tight as other models like the Swivelmate , however this model does have a much tighter turn radius than The Knee Rover, and performs excellent when used inside.
Related Story: Celebrities Using Knee Walkers
Free Spirit Knee Walker
Well-built with many popular features makes the Free Spirit Knee Walker you should consider. Whether you are on your way to school, the supermarket or the mall - the Free Spirit is ready to go! The Free Spirit knee walker has features such as ergonomic loop-style brake handles, dual independent brake lines and a thick supportive knee pad.
- The knee scooter accommodates taller user height ranges
- It offers duel ergonomic hand brakes making it easy to use on steeper inclines.
- Good turning radius ability at 45 degrees makes the knee walker perfect for outdoor and indoor use. Makes getting around corners easy.
- The sturdy front axle design makes this model nice and secure aiding in stability and giving the user a strong peace of mind while utilizing its features.
- The model is not ready to use right out of the box and requires tools to assemble.
- The folding mechanism on this particular model can be confusing to use.
- It doesn’t accommodate users below 5’2”. If you are a user who is smaller it may be best to check out some alternative models that will best fit.
The iWALK3.0 is a unique alternative to crutches which gives users the unique ability to navigate stairs and work completely hands free. The iWALKFree's new design, features tool free height adjustment to achieve a truly custom fit.
- Allows the user to be able to have a hands free experience.
- The user can do chores, work, and balance freely.
- The user needs to have good balance in order to use. Many people who struggle with balance should seek an alternative option to prevent falls.
- Setup can take a bit of time during each use with adjusting the straps.
Related Story: Alternative Crutches You Don't Know About
Why are knee scooters the best alternative to crutches?
Overall knee walkers are the best alternative to crutches. Not only do they allow a better user experience but they truly allow a person to feel like they are more independent. While crutches limit independence and mobility a knee scooter allows a person to move freely and utilize their hands. Just look at Feliepe Franks he was able to assist his team by throwing footballs on a knee walker!
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories