Enjoying the Great Outdoors with a Broken Foot Injury
- Being outdoors is a primal thing since human civilization has been roaming the great outdoors for most of our existence. There are many benefits to be had from being outside, both physical and mental.
Here are some benefits:
1. The physical benefits of being outside include the general health-promoting effects of sunlight, fresh air, and moderate exercise. All of which have been shown to improve mental well-being as well as physical health.
2. Being outside increases our awareness of the world around us, and gives us a greater appreciation for nature, which in turn makes us appreciate life more overall.
3. Being outdoors is an escape from the day-to-day pressures of life, and can be a form of therapy for those suffering from depression or anxiety.
4. It's an excellent way to exercise. You can go for hikes, long walks, jog in the park or even bike around town with friends and family. Being outdoors on a nice day can be invigorating.
5. In addition, being outside can help relieve stress. Just walking around the park or on a nice trail is very soothing and peaceful.
6. Going for a walk or jog can be a meditative exercise. Which has been proven to have positive effects on your body and mind.
Going outside with a knee scooter
For those with a foot injury or surgery, using a knee scooter is perhaps the best way to get around—especially outdoors.
An all-terrain knee scooter is the best knee scooter to travel through outdoor terrain: side walks, gravel, grass, etc.
If you're planning to spend significant time outdoors, we recommend the following knee scooter accessories:
• Comfy Cushion Knee Pad Cover - adds more padding to the knee rest for extra comfort.
• Light - in case it gets dark, helps with more visibility.
• Wraptor Phone Mount - especially useful if you need to glance at GPS directions.
• Cup holder - need we say more?
• Waterproof Cast Cast Cover - in case there's a chance of rain.
A feeling of connectedness
Nature can be defined as the non-human world, which includes not only plants and animals but also inanimate objects such as mountains and waterfalls.
Some people even believe that when they are surrounded by natural objects, it makes them feel more connected with the rest of the universe.
Can help with work
Spending time outside can increase your creativity. Being in the great outdoors is relaxing and can help you get a fresh perspective on problems and challenges from work.We don't necessarily have to go to the Rocky Mountains or the Grand Canyon to enjoy the benefits. All this can also be accomplished by merely visiting our nearby parks or just sitting on the balcony.
Being outside is more natural to our primal instincts.
Humans are explorers by nature, and being outdoors is a large part of that. I think there must be a biological mechanism in the brain to encourage humans to explore their environment.
The outdoors is a place of beauty and wonder. I don't believe that there is any one way to describe its true splendor. Each person's experience of the great outdoors is different, so it would take many words to fully capture how some people feel about being out in nature.
Whether with or without a physical disability, we have mobility aids to help us be outside more for a some good ol' fresh air.
More Great Rent A Knee Walker News & Stories